A PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
Hip-hop, in the space of twenty years, became the first amateur arts in France.
With the outbreak of battles, a new generation of hip-hop dancers appear. These virtuoso artists are mostly self-taught form of bitumen, in railway stations, etc … With this generation, born the phenomen of “crew”, “collective”, instead of the traditional company.
Today the problem is the professionalization, and more specifically the training of hip-hop dancer, as a technical specialist, but also as a performer. The modern hip-hop dancer must be equally efficient on the stage and in competitions.
THE TRAINING CURRICULUM
The training takes place over 3 consecutive years, classes taking place during the day (start in October). The number of hours of training per year is 850 hours.
The first year : “Dancer Training” is focused on mastering basic techniques of all disciplines in hip-hop (locking, popping, house, bboying, hip hop newstyle). You follow parallel courses of modern jazz, classical, tap, traditional African dance, history of hip hop, musicality, muscular strengthening, AFCMD (functional analysis of the body in dance movement)
The second year : “Interpreter Training” focuses on development of technical skills and openness to other dance styles, on knowledge of the choreographic process and modes of composition. The second year becomes more specific with more theoretical courses in all disciplines, as well as courses in anatomy, achieving of stage creations, more advanced courses in history of hip hop and art history.
The third year : “Specialization and Professionalization”, training under professional preparation at the scene and scenario.
It is dedicated to achievement of project specific to each, so to specialization, with modular courses and a more personalized personal research, and the achievement of a graduation project.
Graduation, career opportunities
Training leads, if successful examinations, at the awarding of a JUST DEBOUT SCHOOL diploma. School proceeds, during the past year, to the linking of industry professionals dance (choreographers, agents, producers) with students in order to facilitate their integration into the workplace.
Training helps to bring the dancer to professionalization by different axes :
- Preparation for Battle
- Lexical and terminological knowledge of hip hop dances
- Historic knowledge of the arts of hip hop culture
- Technical development of the dancers and extension of their technical repertoire through an introduction to other dances (classical, african dance, tap dance, modern jazz, jazz rock, movement analysis…)
- Identification of dance movement to allow students to build their own movement and to develop their creativity
- Discovery of choreographic work thanks to the meeting of choreographers with a singular universe
- Acquisition of legal knowledge and legal framework of the professional hip hop dancer
- Support for employability (contacts between professionals and dancers, achievement of press book, video book…).
STRENGTHS OF THE JUSTE DEBOUT SCHOOL
Assistance and monitoring of students throughout their career
– A team of speakers recognized in their discipline
– Ongoing assessment of the student by his teachers and teacher evaluation by each student.
– Osteopath linked to the school and on-the-spot consultation (additional fee).
– French lessons for non-Francophone students (additional fee)
With the vitality of the Juste Debout School is perpetuated the will for always advance this culture with large-scale and highest-quality projects.
In the space of 9 years, the Juste Debout School has become the reference school in France concerning this pro training leading to a hip hop dancer qualification.
Special features of Hip hop dance in France comes not only from the excellent technique of its practitioners but from the creativity of French dance companies which have been able to develop a real identity and their own choreographic writing as a result of their experience on stage.